|Naomi Misses Court Arrest
||[Oct. 8th, 2006|04:56 am]
Everything Fashion and Beauty Right Here
A Manhattan judge threatened yesterday to have supermodel Naomi Campbell arrested after she failed to show up in Criminal Court for her assault case.
Assistant District Attorney Christian Browne explained that he and defense lawyer David Breitbart were negotiating a possible plea bargain, but Judge James Gibbons issued a warrant anyway, agreeing to hold it until Campbell's next court date, Nov. 15, reports the Daily News.
Comment "I want to make it clear that she's absolutely obliged to appear at the time of her next court date or the warrant will go into effect," said Gibbons.
Campbell, 36, who is charged with smashing a bejeweled cell phone on her maid's head last March, had another public display of temper last week when she verbally lashed out at a Qantas Airways employee after a flight from Thailand to Australia.
Outside court, Breitbart declined to explain the runway beauty's absence but insisted she won't miss another court date. "You should rest assured that if she could have been here, she would have been here," Breitbart said. "No matter what the situation is, she's going to be here next time."
Gibbons extended an order of protection for campbell's former maid, who was injured in the March assault. "Ms. Campbell is ordered to continue to stay away from Ana Scolavino," the judge told Breitbart.
Though Campbell has pleaded not guilty in this case, she did plea guilty in a Canadian Court in 2000, after grabbing another assistant, Georgina Galanis, by the throat and hitting her on the head with a telephone.